Monday, 3 July 2017

Nudie Glow - Korean Beauty Face Mask Subscription

The majority of Korean ladies all seem to have the most beautiful, flawless and enviable skin!

This is possibly due to genetics but it could also be due to the Korean beauty products they use which are different to traditional Western beauty products. It is only relatively recently that K-Beauty products have started filtering into mainstream Australia through companies such as Nudie Glow.

Nudie Glow is the home of Nudie Boxes, Australia's first Korean face mask subscription box. 

Each box comes with a variety of face masks as well as a special item. The special item could be an eye mask, hand mask, nose strips, feet mask or a small sample of an amazing product from the Nudie Shop.

All the products are chosen to keep your skin hydrated and glowing which is exactly what I need especially in the dehydrating Winter season! 

The boxes vary in size from the Gorgeous Five Box (5 items), the Fabulous Ten Box (10 items) and the Amazing Fifteen Box (15 items).

All the boxes are curated and changed quarterly. Most of the products are not easily found elsewhere in Australia.

I was lucky to recently be gifted a Nudie Glow Gorgeous Five Box to trial. Here's what it contained.

Nudie Glow Gorgeous Five Box

Petitfee Silk Amino Serum Mask

This is a highly concentrated mask for keeping your skin shiny and bright. It is also labelled highly absorbed and anti-wrinkle. I enjoyed wearing it and my skin felt lovely afterwards.

With K-Beauty masks it's sometimes best not to read the ingredients list if you are a bit squeamish. This mask's ingredients included Vegetable Worms Extract, considered a precious ingredient in Korean Beauty products, supplying vitality into your skin and helping tighten it.

Less intimidating, it also contained silk amino essence, which are enriched amino acids from natural proteins in cocoons for glowing skin.

Now all blog posts about face masks have to include at least one unflattering mask selfie don't they, so here's my Petitfee Silk Amino Serum Mask selfie! 

Petitfee Silk Amino Serum Mask
ThankyouFarmer True Water Deep Cotton Mask

A deeply hydrating, soothing & brightening cotton mask. Anti-wrinkle. Suitable for all skin types.

Blossom Jeju Pink Camellia 2 Step Marine Collagen & Lifting Petal Mask

Blossom Jeju Pink Camellia 2 Step
Marine Collagen & Lifting Petal Mask

Step 1 involves applying 100% camellia oil, a powerful antioxidant, rich in moisturising omega 3 & 6 as well as essential fatty acids, plus Vitamin E and polyphenols that protect the skin from aging free radicals.

Step 2 is an ultra thin sheet mask of lifting essence with marine collagen and blueberry extract which works to retexture, revitalize and provide intense hydration.

My skin was beautifully hydrated, soft, supple and glowing after using this mask.

Kicho Phyto Refreshing Daily Mask

Kicho Phyto Refreshing Daily Mask
This mask utilises embryonic phyto nutrients for their softening properties to rejuvenate youthful features, moisturise skin and produce a radiant even toned complexion. 


Lady & Skin Blooming White Rose Eye Patch

This is a dual action bio-cellulose eye mask for both brightening and lifting/wrinkle care. 

Bio-cellulose is an environmentally friendly material made from natural fermented coconut water. It gives no stimulation on the skin so it is reportedly safe to use on sensitive skin. It's dense mesh structure allows close adherence to the skin and effective delivery of the ingredients.  

I had a bit of the serum left in the sachet after removing the eye patches so I smoothed the extra serum onto my forehead for some additional skin care pampering in that region too.


Make P:Rem safe Me. Relief Moisture Cream 12
This sample was a non additive hypoallergenic moisturiser that contains only 12 ingredients. It reportedly relieves itching associated with dry skin. It contains 93% plant derived ingredients and claims to be suitable for sensitive skin. As I don't have sensitive skin I can't really comment on this claim. I can say however that my skin felt beautifully nourished and moisturised after applying this product.

Overall I was really happy with this Nudie Glow Gorgeous Five Box. I thought it represented good value and was a great way of sampling K-beauty products that I haven't tried before. I also like that you can purchase each of these products separately so if you find a mask or product you absolutely love you can easily stock up on that product. Quite a few of the masks are currently reduced in the online shop.

Have you used K-Beauty products? Are you a fan of them? 

xxx
Ingrid

You can also find me on Instagram:

 and Facebook:

and Pinterest
The above masks were kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. 
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

33 comments:

  1. My teen daughter jumped into bed next to me the other night to watch TV. I didn't look up when she came in. Then I got into a conversation with her and turned to look at her as I spoke. HORROR MOVIE!! She was wearing one of those masks. I soooo wasn't expecting that. Talk about a Friday the 13th moment. Blood curdling screams followed ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I scared the parcel man by opening the door to him whilst I was wearing a face mask! I hope he's not to scared to return again! I love receiving parcels!

      Delete
  2. Love the sound of all of it! I am a big Korean skincare convert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more Korean skincare I try the more I love it!

      Delete
  3. There is not much you can't get a subscription for these days. I like the idea of this one as you can try before you buy, especially as so many of the Asian products have very little English on them. I have a few items in the bathroom that were a gift from a Korean friend and I am not really sure what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll need to get your Korean friend to interpret it for you!

      Delete
  4. Wow these look like amazing products! I love trying new face masks
    #teamibot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Face masks are a favourite of mine, I'm just not very good at photographing them. I always use them at night when the lighting is poor and I can never smile with a mask on! The important thing is they are so good at pampering my skin and hydrating it!

      Delete
  5. I love K-Beauty sheet masks, they are so great to pop on when you need to give your face a bit of a pampering and so cheap too! I've got a boatload of Tony Moly masks from my last Jolse haul but given the extremely long shipping times, I might have to five this subscription box a look in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. K-Beauty sheet masks are a favourite of mine too! My skin just laps it all up!

      Delete
  6. I've never tried them - yet I do like a good mask. I love the name thank you farmer. #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great. I haven't tried a mask in a very very long time but keep meaning to. My face and skin is so dry and old looking at the moment! #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masks are so good for re-hydrating your skin! Plus I love that it makes me slow down and relax for the 20 or so minutes I have it on for!

      Delete
  8. I never apply facial masks, but I should definitely start. These products look divine. Thanks for the great review. #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try a mask, not only are they good for your skin I find them relaxing mentally too!

      Delete
  9. Those masks look so cute! One day I will make a start on my collection of Sephora sheet masks... One day...

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a great box! I've actually tried the Kicho Phyto one before. I was I was more of a sheet mask lover!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not tried a face mask in I don't know how long. I'd love to try one again. This one looks good! #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many different ones available! You should definitely use one sooner rather than later! Not only will your skin thank you for it, it's such a good excuse to lie down and read a book for 20-30 minutes!

      Delete
  12. Love the face mask selfie - you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had never really thought about there being a difference in the products, but of course it makes sense that different countries use different items!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like a gorgeous package! I am definitely looking forward to purchasing some of their masks soon. I just can't decide which ones to try first!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many sheet masks! Love that they're so unique and come in a love heart shape! How cute?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is amazing! I need to sign up to this stat! Sheet masks delivered straight to my door sounds perfect to me! Plus I will get to try so many new styles :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many good masks!! I absolutely love the Nudie Glow boxes, always something good to discover!

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, sign me up! This box sounds awesome! xx

    Indiehttp://indieanna1.blogspot.com.au/2017/07/its-skin-power-10-formula-vb-effector.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love masks as well! Great multi tasking beauty inventions they are! And they scare my dogs when I wear one too hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well I sure came to the right place Ingrid! Thanks a bunch hon, you know how mask-mad I am, so to have a subscription box like this, well I'd be in heaven xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun looking box! Love masking! xo

    ReplyDelete